Lost or Damaged Luggage
If you are unlucky enough to lose your luggage, or if your luggage is damaged, please report it to your handling operator before leaving the baggage reclaim area. You can find out who your handling operator is by looking on the monitor located on the baggage carousel. You can then make a report at the lost luggage office desk for the handling operator in the baggage reclaim area.
In most cases, the handling operator will return lost luggage to you free of charge as soon as it is found, so ensure you provide an accurate address when you make a report. A customs declaration form may be required if your address is outside of Italy. Please note that for a few countries, the law may prevent the handling operator sending you your luggage. If this applied, you will be informed when you make a report.
If luggage has been delayed or damaged, some passengers may be entitled to a claim from the handling operator and/or through travel insurance company. Please check with the handling operator and your insurance company for more details.
Handling Operators at Fiumicino
If you need to contact your handling operator for an update on lost or damaged luggage, you can contact them on the following telephone numbers and email addresses.
- +39 06 6640 for Alitalia customers (open 07:00 to 23:00)
- +39 06 65634965 for Alitalia Assisted Airlines (open 07:00 to 23:00)
- +39 06659525775 (open 08:00 to 16:00)
- Email on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- +39 0665957249 or +39 344 142 7740 (open 09:00 to 17:00)
- Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- +39 06659528739 (open 08:00 to 20:00)
- +39 0683394444 (open 08:00 to 18:00)
- Email on email@example.com